Nasal pillow masks are among the most popular mask choices for CPAP users because of their minimal design. Nasal pillows are the smallest of the CPAP masks and rest on the user’s upper lip as it blows pressurized air through two soft nasal tubes that insert into the nostrils, and is secured by straps that go around the head.
Benefits of CPAP Nasal Pillow Masks:
- The lightweight and minimal design is ideal for patients suffering from claustrophobia or those that simply feel uncomfortable with too much material touching their face.
- Optimal for wearers who like to read or watch TV before bedtime, as it offers a better field of vision than many of the other mask types.
- Allows user to wear their glasses as there’s no material covering the bridge of the nose.
- The direct airflow into the nasal passages reduce air leakage.
- Good for active sleepers who toss and turn a lot.
- Works best for users who have a lot of facial hair that may cause leakage in other mask types.